Create a new page
Follow these steps to create a new page:
1. Log in. To add or edit pages, you'll have to log in. (If you haven't registered yet, you'll have to do that first.)
2. See if an article about your subject already exists. Run a search on the subject and try various spellings to make sure someone hasn't already created an article on the topic. Don't skip this step! for example, you want to write a article about
3. Create and name your page. Here's an easy way: Paste this URL into your browser address window and replace “New_page” with the name of your article:
(Be sure the name works – check our naming guidelines.)
A page about an artist would look like this:
5. Preview and save your work. Click “show preview” to review the page. Make any corrections, then save your article.
6. Check links. Make sure your article is linked to another. For instance, if you wrote about Prince, you’d want to be sure your page is linked to an article about First Avenue.
Regarding red links: these signal that someone thought a topic merited a page that hasn't been produced yet. If you’re logged in and you click a red link, you’ll come to a page that says, “You’ve followed a link to a page that doesn’t exist yet.” You can then create the page by adding your written content. To make that red link (known as “wikifying” the link) see how to edit pages.