- Formed in 1994 under the name Ted Kennedys.
- The band's first show took place at Patrick Costello's workplace in the Warehouse District in the Spring of 1994.
- Dillinger Four dates back to at least 1995, when they went on a summer tour with Scooby Don't. At that time, Bill Morrisette was playing with Scooby Don't and Sloan Lorsung was playing guitar with D4.
- On their 1995 tour, they had t-shirts that mocked Profane Existence's "Making punk a threat again" slogan and logo. The D4 T-shirts read "Making punk a treat again."
- In 1996 D4 was temporarily banned from playing the 7th Street Entry because of their predilection for public nudity. They were allowed back two years later when First Avenue decided to start booking more hardcore/punk shows.
- D4 played their first headlining gig at First Avenue on March 29, 1999 as replacements for the cancelled Sleater-Kinney. At one point during the night they were joined by Murder City Devils singer, Spencer Moody, who tackled Patti and attacked his bass with drumsticks while yelling, "I'm Kim Gordon!"
- They have turned down invitations to play the Vans Warped tour, worried that the prices were too steep. They did however, play the 1999 South by Southwest music festival in Austin, Texas when they were promised that they did not have to participate in the industry confrence.
- In 2001 Dillinger Four won artist of the year, best punk band, and best punk recording for "Versus God" at the Minnesota Music Awards.
- Erik Funk - Guitar and Vocals
- Patrick Costello a/k/a Paddy a/k/a St. Patrick - Bass and Vocals
- Lane Pederson a/k/a Monkey Hustle - Drums
- Bill Morrisette - Guitar and Vocals
- Sloan Lorsung - guitar
- Midwestern Songs of the Americas (1998)
- Versus God (2000)
- Situationist Comedy (2002)
- Live at First Avenue (2003)
- This Shit is Genius (1999) (collection of songs from singles, EPs, and compilations)
- The Rebel's Choice (1997) Split 7-inch with The Strike
- Split 7-inch (2000) with Pinhead Gunpowder
- Higher Aspirations: Tempered and Dismantled 7-inch (1995)
- The Kids are Dead EP (1997)
- More Songs About Girlfriends and Bubblegum (1997)
- Rock Against Bush Vol. 2 Compilation (2004)
- Atticus - Dragging the Lake II Compilation (2004)
- No Hold Back, All Attack Compilation (2003)
- Pop Songs for Charity Compilation
- Fat Music Vol. VI: Uncontrollable Fatulence Compilation
- Invasion of the Indie Snatchers Compilation (1996)
- No Slow...All Go! Compilation
- No More Dick Jokes Compilation (1998)
- Limited Options...Sold as Noble Endeavors Compilation (1998)
- That Was Then, This is Now Compilation
- Hopelessy Devoted to You Too Compilation (1998)
- Of Things to Come Soundtrack (1998)
- Short Music for Short People Compilation (1999)
- Take Action Sampler
- Hopelessy Devoted to You Vol. 3 Compilation
- Workers Comp Compilation
- Ritalin Radio Compilation (2000)
- Stuck on AM 3: Live from Radio K Compilation
- Hopless' 50th Release Compilation
Related Web sites
This Content page is a stub. You can help Minnewiki by expanding it.