Sicbay was a rock band from Minneapolis. The group formed in 1999 and disbanded in 2006, with occasional reunion shows in subsequent years.
In 2006, Sicbay won the award for Best Rock Band from the City Pages. The accompanying article offered this description:
Spiking sophisticated compositions with a diamond-hard edge, Sicbay somehow remain quite catchy, consistently causing fans to sing along at their shows . . . Dave Erb's lead guitar pulls you through each song as though he's giving you a tour of the scenery being laid out by singer Nick Sakes and drummer Greg Schaal. Sicbay bring so much focused energy to the stage that they put younger, showier compatriots to shame.
- Nick Sakes (guitar/vocals)
- Dave Erb (guitar)
- Greg Schaal, Jon Warnberg, Ed Rodriguez (drums)
- Fort Busy Signal CD EP (Earwing, 2000)
- "Minnesota Attacks" split 7-inch w/ Vaz (Learning Curve, 2000)
- The Firelit S'Coughs (Obtuse Mule, 2001)
- Overreaction Time (54º40' Or Fight!, 2002)
- Split 7-inch w/ Grand Ulena (Sawtooth, 2003)
- Euro Tour split 7-inch w/Valina (Tempête Dans Ton Bourg/SuperFi, 2004)
- Split 7-inch w/Deerhoof (Modern Radio, 2004)
- Suspicious Icons (54º40' Or Fight!, 2005)
Related Web sites
This Content page is a stub. You can help Minnewiki by expanding it.