The Blind Shake
The Blind Shake is a noise-rock trio from the Twin Cities consisting of brothers Jim and Mike Blaha and drummer Dave Roper.
The band is noteworthy for its use of a baritone guitar in place of a bass guitar, as well as intense, athletic live performances, which are often preceded by physical warm-ups and feature the group in matching track jackets.
In addition to acting as a stand-alone band, the Blind Shake has also acted as a backing band for, and collaborator with, Twin Cities avant-rock pioneer Michael Yonkers, playing with him on a full-length album and a split LP as Michael Yonkers with the Blind Shake.
- Jim Blaha, guitar and vocals
- Mike Blaha, baritone guitar and vocals
- Dave Roper, drums
- Old Lines, Sore Bones 7" (2004)
- Rizzograph full length (2005)
- Carbohydrates Hydrocarbons as Michael Yonkers with The Blind Shake (2007)
- Carmel full length (2007)
- Weepyman/Winter Coat split 7" with Birthday Suits (2008)
- Cold Town/Soft Zodiac split LP [Michael Yonkers with the Blind Shake/the Blind Shake] (2009)
- Seriousness (2011)
Related Web sites
This Content page is a stub. You can help Minnewiki by expanding it.