Vampire Hands is an indie rock band from Minneapolis.
The band formed in 2006. Later that year, they self-released their debut CDEP, At Wizard Island: Too Punk to Fuck. Between 2006 and 2010, the group released at least one EP or LP per year.
The City Pages' awarded Vampire Hands their annual "Best Rock Band" award in 2008, declaring that
Colin Johnson's garrulous scream is a perfect foil to bassist Chris Beirden's chilling, fragile falsetto, and their vocal interplay is effortlessly sustained by a Gothic, Germanic pop glisten that, thanks to the guitar and drum work supplied by brothers Chris and Alex Rose, evokes Eno and Neu! at their most challenging. 
That same year, City Pages reviewer Dave Hansen wrote that the band's sophomore album, Me and You Cherry Red, was "a work of stunning inspiration . . . a masterpiece, one that illuminates a future of blinding possibility no one could forecast." 
Founding member Colin Johnson left Vampire Hands and moved away from the Twin Cities in 2009. He occasionally returns to perform with the band, who otherwise continue without him.
- Chris Bierden (bass/vocals)
- Chris Rose (guitar/vocals)
- Alex Rose (drums)
- Colin Johnson (vocals/percussion/electronics 2006-2009)
- At Wizard Island: Too Punk to Fuck CDEP (self-released, 2006)
- Cuz It's a Beach Funeral CDEP (self-released, 2007)
- Virgin Dust American Lips (Freedom From, 2007)
- Me and You Cherry Red CD/LP (CD Peppermint Coffins/LP Modern Radio, 2008)
- Two EPs (vinyl release of first two CDEPs, Nero's Neptune, 2008)
- Me and You Cherry Red/Cuz It's a Beach Funeral CD reissue (Modern Radio, 2009)
- Hannah In the Mansion LP (St. Ives, 2009)
- Skull Judge split 12-inch w/ Daughters of the Sun (Modern Radio, 2010)
Related Web sites
- More Material
- Killing Bottle
- Invisible Boy
- The Chambermaids
This Content page is a stub. You can help Minnewiki by expanding it.